Earn your Fire Science Degree 100% Online
Complete in Two Years
The online BS in Fire Science from Anna Maria College prepares you to move up the ladder with a degree recognized by Fire and Emergency Services Higher Education (FESHE).
Reach your goal of becoming a fire chief, investigator, educator, or other fire safety professional with this convenient, cost-effective, and flexible program that can be completed online in only two years. Our online program allows you to:
- Transfer in up to 75 credits from past education, professional certificates, and work experience
- Earn FESHE certificates for the qualifying fire science classes that you complete.
Download a FREE Program Brochure
To get this detailed info and speak with a program manager, complete the form below.
Note: All fields required.
Take Your Firefighter Career Up a Notch
Our online B.S. in Fire Science program accepts students who:
- Earned an associate degree or have 60 transferable credits from a regionally accredited institution
- Have a ProBoard/IFSAC-certified Fire Fighter I/II certification if their associate degree or completed course work is in a discipline other than the fire sciences
- Possess a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better
Financial Aid Paths
You may be eligible for financial aid by applying for qualifying loans, military benefits, and/or employer tuition reimbursement or assistance benefits. The staff at Anna Maria College is available to help you discuss your financial aid options.
The fire safety faculty at Anna Maria University has years of experience serving on the front lines. They bring their expertise and insight to every course, giving you an opportunity to learn both practice and theory from professionals who have been in your shoes and who fill the roles you are striving toward today.
- Emergency Services Management
- Disaster Planning and Control
- Emergency Services Budgeting and Finance
- Fire Investigation and Analysis
Add on a master’s degree in just one extra year: Our Fifth-Year Option allows graduates of the online BS in Fire Science to earn a Master of Public Administration (MPA) in as little as one year.
Preventing fires and disasters is as heroic as rescuing citizens in peril. With an online BS in Fire Science from Anna Maria College, you’ll build on your current skills as a firefighter to take on roles educating and engaging your community, working with the media, investigating potential fire-related crimes, managing employees, and anticipating and planning for disasters.
The median salary for a firefighter is $52,200.1 Fire investigators have a median salary of $62,1201 and fire chiefs’ median salary is $80,580.2
Your online degree will equip you for advanced career roles, including:
- Fire Chief
- Fire Captain
- Fire Marshal
- Fire Prevention Educator
- Fire Officer
- Fire Service Trainer
- Fire/Arson Investigator
- Insurance Investigator
- Occupational Outlook Handbook, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Retrieved on November 1, 2021, from https://www.bls.gov/.
- “Average Fire Chief Salary,” Payscale.com. Retrieved on November 1, 2021, from https://www.payscale.com/.
With the flexibility and convenience of an online program, you’ll be able to better balance your studies with your work and family commitments. Each course is offered in an asynchronous, eight-week format, allowing you to complete your schoolwork on the schedule that’s right for you.
A Mission of Excellence
The mission of Anna Maria College is to foster our students’ intellectual involvement, career preparation, social awareness, dedication to justice and peace, religious and moral sensitivity, and to facilitate a lifestyle capable of sustaining these within balance.
Download a FREE Program BrochureGet Started
Anna Maria College was approved by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts to participate in SARA, and became a SARA institution in 2021. At this time, only California is not a member state. If you reside in California and are interested in taking an online class at Anna Maria College, please fill out the request form to get in contact with a program manager.